The option for a Qatar visa for Nigerians was introduced back in 2017 after the Nigerian government reached an agreement with Qatar.
Are you a Nigerian living in Nigeria or outside Nigeria, do you wish to travel to Qatar? Have you been finding it hard to get your Visa approved? Then you need to read this post till the end.
In this article, we would discuss the requirements needed for you to be given a Visa if you are a Nigerian passport holder.
Also, we are going to give you a step-by-step guide on how to start your application till you submit it.
One of the best benefits of the eVisa is that you don’t have to go to the embassy of the country before you can be given a Visa.
You can stay in the comfort of your home and Apply for Visa and you will be given as long as you follow the rules which we have provided for you here.
The government made some requirements which must meet before your Visa request will be granted.
How long you stay in Qatar depends on the type of Visa you are going to Apply for, on that note let’s give you some types of visas and their requirements.
Types of Visa
Here are some types of Visas that are available for you if you want to travel to Qatar.
1. Work Visa
First, be aware that Qatar is an Islamic country and has a lot of sharia laws that you have to respect.
Work Visa is offered to you if you are going to Qatar for work purposes, maybe you got employed by a company or someone who lives in Qatar.
2. Business Visa
If are you going to Qatar for business sake, then you need to go for a business Visa, this one is vastly approved because it might last for just 90 days and you will be expected to leave the country.
3. Students’ Visa
Qatar has some of the best schools in the world and if you’re going there to study, you have to request for Students Visa, this type of visa has some limitations like you won’t be able to work as a student.
4. Travel/Tourist Visa
Most of the reasons why people travel to Qatar is to see some of the beauties of the country, this is the type of Visa you will be going for.
Well, our purpose is not to study or work and so on, but to get an eVisa without going to the Embassy.
The eVisa is only available to Nigerians who are having their passport and want to go there majorly for tourist purposes.
You are not permitted to work, study or conduct business while on this visa.
This kind of visa has a length of 30 days and can be renewed for another 30 days while you are already in Qatar.
If you want to extend your Visa, you can still do that using the online portal.
The requirements you will submit are still the same as the Visa General requirements which are almost the same in every country, just some little changes.
Requirements For Qatar eVisa For Nigerians
Here are the criteria needed for your Visa request to be granted.
- For you to be given a Visa to Qatar, you need to present your international passport that has not expired and still has tablets 6 pages left in it.
- You should get a letter from the security agency of your country to be sure that you are not going to Qatar to cause troubles
- You also need to carry along your very clear passport photographs and your face shows clear
- If you are wearing eyeglasses and your face is showing very well, then you can also use your passport.
- You need a reference letter from your school in Nigeria or someone you work for.
- You would need to submit your health report to the Visa centre to be sure that you are not going into the country with any kind of disease.
- You should show your Visa application and if you’re going with the free Visa agreement between Nigeria and Qatar, you should show your flight ticket which must be showing your departure date and return date.
- If you’re going on a business trip or you’re a tourist, you have to show that you have made reservations for yourself.
- As a student, you have to show the letter of admission from the school you applied for.
- Finally, you have to prove that you have enough money to take care of yourself till the end of your stay in Qatar
- While in Qatar, you must not be seen smoking
How to Apply For a Qatar visa for Nigerians
- You will start your application by going to the official Visa application portal by clicking APPLY NOW
- Fill out the form that will be given to you
- Upload all your necessary documents that we have mentioned above.
- Make your payments using your Visa or Mastercard
- When you are done making the application, an email will be sent to you.
Note: if you have not received your online Visa, please do not pay for the hotel and flight yet. Wait for them to reply then you can pay.
How much is Visa to Qatar?
Everyone that wants to travel to Qatar and will be spending at least 90 days there will be paying $68 that’s like N24,000 while those that will be going for just 96 hours will be paying $44 which is about N15,000
How long does it take to reach Qatar?
If you want to reach Qatar, you will be spending at least 48 hours on Air but you will still drop for your plane to refuel and take off again.
How long does it take for the Visa to be Approved?
It takes them 48 hours to look into your application and decide if it will be approved or disapproved.
The World Cup is close and Qatar is the centre of Attraction right now, going there will never be a bad idea.
For more information on Qatar eVisa for Nigerians, you can always reach out to us here at Healthvase through the comment section.